BMW has recently unveiled the 2024 BMW 5 series sedan and one of the most notable features is the optional Highway Assistant System.
This system in the 2024 BMW 5 series enables drivers to travel long distances on major highways without having to touch the steering wheel or pedals.
Moreover, drivers will be able to change lanes by just looking at one of the vehicle’s outside mirrors. This new feature eliminates the need for drivers to request lane changes as the automated driving system suggests them depending on the road situation.
The highway assistant system relies on a camera installed behind the steering wheel and directed at the driver.
In response, drivers only need to look at the corresponding side mirror and the car will take care of the rest. The camera also checks if the driver is watching the road and if they are not paying attention, a warning will flash inside the vehicle.
In the event that the driver is incapacitated, the vehicle will automatically slow down and turn on the hazard lights.
The fully electric and environmentally friendly BMW 5-series will be available starting at $67,000 from October.
You may also like: Make it a Priority: Keeping Your BMW Tires in Top Shape is Life Saving
BMW describes the 2024 BMW 5 series “Active Lane Change Assistant” with eye confirmation as a “world first.”
The new system not only allows drivers to change lanes just by looking in the outside mirror, but the car then takes over the steering and changes lanes on its own, according to the German automaker.
BMW also highlighted the fact that this feature achieves a new level of interaction between the driver and the vehicle.
The new highway assistant system works at speeds up to 85 miles per hour and enables drivers to travel long distances without their hands on the steering wheel as long as they maintain a “close eye” on traffic.
The sedan also has automated parking, which can be controlled in the vehicle or by smartphone outside the vehicle for up to 220 yards, according to BMW.
Finally, the 2024 BMW 5 series will be available in both electric and gasoline-powered versions. The i5 eDrive40, an electric version, has a suggested retail price of $68,800, while the BMW i5 M60 is listed at $85,750.
The first-ever 2024 BMW i5 eDrive40 electric vehicle takes cutting edge to the next level, expanding your horizons in terms of style and smart technology.
In fact, this sleek and stylish sedan promises to revolutionize the way we think about electric cars, with its impressive range, fast acceleration, and cutting-edge technology.
You can enjoy the luxury of an all-electric Gran Coupe with 295 miles of range thanks to its single 250 kW electrically excited synchronous motor that is fitted to the rear axle.
You’ll get from zero to 60 in just 4.7 seconds and reach a top speed of 118 mph.
And you’ll have everything you need to go even farther than imagined in terms of speed, performance, luxury, and style.
The 2024 BMW 5 series is the future. More from BMW, check out: The BMW Color-Changing Concept Car
Here are some of the features people are raving about:
- Modern Expression. Inspiring innovation meets luxury living in the eDrive40 Gran Coupe – a full five-seater, loaded with features to impress drivers and passengers alike.
- Calculated To Impress. Bring out the performance side of your i4 eDrive40 with the available M Sport Package, including the M Steering Wheel, Aerodynamic Kit, Shadowline exterior trim, and exclusive wheel designs.
- A Proactive Presence. Bespoke heritage meets futuristic design. The all-electric BMW i5 Sedan embodies perfectly balanced driving dynamics: a classic sporty feel combined with the comfortable ride of a larger sedan
- Electric Goes BMW. Every BMW i5 includes the Flexible Fast Charger – a portable device for optimized charging from any 120V or 240V outlet. For consistently faster speeds at home, the BMW Wallbox is available for professional installation in your garage.
- Convenience at Your Fingertips. The new Plug & Charge function allows for the most convenient public charging experience. Just plug in your i5 at an Electrify America station, and the charging station will automatically process payment authentication and initiate the charge.
Make sure to contact our BMW dealership to inquire about the 2024 BMW 5 series.
You can also check out our latest inventory online.