As the end of your Land Rover lease draws near, it’s essential to explore your options.
To help make the process easy, Land Rover Riverside has created a simple guide that outlines everything leading up to the end of your Land Rover lease.
Our experienced and friendly sales team at Land Rover Riverside is eager to assist you with the lease-end process, regardless of where you leased your vehicle from.
- Scenario 1. Purchase Your Land Rover When Your Lease Ends. If you’re not ready to let go of your Land Rover you can purchase your vehicle at lease-end, as stipulated in your lease contract. Our team is always available to guide you through the purchase process.
- Scenario 2. Purchase, Lease, or Custom-Order Your Next Land Rover. Whether you want the latest model or a different Land Rover, we’re here to provide assistance. As a returning Land Rover lessee, you may qualify for exclusive savings on your next lease. Custom-ordering your next Land Rover is another appealing alternative. You can extend your existing lease while your custom order is being built.
- Scenario 3. Return Your Leased Land Rover. You can return your leased Land Rover to Land Rover Riverside regardless of where you leased it. We strive to make the lease return process easy and straightforward for you, the customer. Make sure you bring your Vehicle Inspection checklist and reviewed the Wear and Use guide.
How to return your leased Land Rover to Land Rover Riverside.
It’s recommended that you have a complimentary pre-inspection 45 with our dealership days before your lease end date if you plan to return your vehicle to us. Below is a list of chargeable items. Please refer to your Land Rover Lease Agreement for full details.
Chargeable items include but are not limited to:
- Holes, tears, burns, stains, strong odors. Also, excessively worn carpet areas, other interior surfaces, or convertible tops.
- Chips, dents, scratches, dust, or holes. Also cracks in the wheels or exterior surfaces, windshield or other glass surfaces, or metal work.
- Cracked, broken, or missing windows, doors, lights, trim, mirrors, or antennae.
- Missing, damaged, or non-working mechanical equipment, safety or emissions control equipment, electrical or other parts or accessories; damage to the vehicle’s frame or alignment.
- Damage due to improper, poor quality, or incomplete repairs or paintwork. You also will remain liable to us for the full cost of any such items resulting from intentional or willful abuse or misuse.
- Any wear and use related to tires. The tire tread must be at least 1/8” (4/32”) at the lowest point and may not contain any other damages. Please ensure all tires match and are of comparable quality to the original equipment. Please remove snow tires prior to your pre-inspection. Other items may be excluded as set forth in the Lease Agreement.
- Any missing manuals or missing or nonworking keys or remote entry devices.
Other tasks for returning your leased Land Rover vehicle:
- Remove all of your personal items and place the owner’s manual in the glove box.
- Turn in all sets of keys.
- Clear any personal digital information from in-vehicle software.
Our Land Rover team in Riverside, CA looks forward to helping you discuss your Land Rover lease-end options. Please reach out today to schedule an appointment!