The McLaren 675LT Spider has power and it’s a beautiful, beautiful thing. It was revealed at the end of 2015 as the last chapter in the history of the iconic “longtail” name and is the fifth new model debuted during a defining year for McLaren. Strictly limited to only 500 examples worldwide (which sold out in just two weeks), it is only the second model to wear the LT badge and the most exclusive model in the McLaren SuperSeries. Here are six key things you need to know about the 675LT.
- It is light weight with optimized aerodynamics, increased power, track-focused dynamics, and driver engagement. These are all characteristics of a McLaren “Longtail”
- It’s fast. This car reaches 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.9 seconds; 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in 8.1 seconds with a top speed of 326 km/h (203 mp
- It’s a thrill. 675PS and 700Nm provide breathtaking performance, while a retractable roof adds further exhilaration
- It’s exclusive. It’s the second model to wear the 675LT badge in direct response to significant customer demand
- It’s light. 100kg weight saving delivers a dry weight of 1,270kg, delivering a power-to-weight figure of 532PS per ton.
- It is the most focused, fastest and exhilarating open-top McLaren model ever built
Want to learn more about McLaren? Contact McLaren Rancho Mirage online and one of our McLaren specialists will be happy to assist you.