There are several reasons why people may be hesitant to buy a fully electric car. And one of the biggest is called “range anxiety.”
Range anxiety is when someone is concerned about the limited range of fully electric cars and worries about running out of charge before reaching their destination.
Out in the middle of the desert.
Or alone on a cold mountain top.
Or in some small town in the middle of nowhere.
However, it’s important to note that the range of electric cars has been improving in recent years, and many models now have ranges of 200 miles or more. So do not fear. We are here to heal your range anxiety with some reassuring news about electric cars.
Check out: The New Audi EV Line
Let’s take a look at some common concerns.
- Charging infrastructure. This is another big one – concern about the availability of charging infrastructure, especially in rural areas or places where charging stations are less common. However, many governments and private companies are investing in building more charging stations, and the number of charging points is increasing rapidly.
- Cost. We fear the unknown, especially when it sounds expensive. Yes, fully electric cars can be more expensive than traditional gas-powered cars, although this gap is narrowing as battery technology improves and production costs decrease. And you save money in the long run because you don’t have to constantly pay for gasoline.
- Unfamiliarity. Getting back to that fear of the unknown. Some people may be hesitant to try something new and unfamiliar, especially if they are used to driving gas-powered cars. And range anxiety is also a big worry when it comes to switching to an EV. However, electric cars are becoming more common, and many people who have tried them have found them to be enjoyable and easy to drive. In fact, for some people, they are even more user-friendly than gas-powered cars.
A big reason that people don’t want to buy an electric car is they are not educated on the benefits. And the benefits are not just for the environment and the ozone layer. There are many benefits for you, the buyer.
Let’s take a look.
- A cleaner conscience and a cleaner planet. Electric cars are zero-emission vehicles, meaning they emit no harmful pollutants into the air. By choosing an electric car, you can help reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to a cleaner, more sustainable future.
- Lower Operating Costs. Electric cars are much cheaper to operate than gas-powered cars because electricity is cheaper than gasoline. Electric cars also require less maintenance than traditional cars because they have fewer moving parts, which means fewer repairs and lower maintenance costs.
- Improved Technology. The technology powering electric cars is constantly improving, which means that the range of electric cars is increasing, and the charging time is decreasing. This makes electric cars more convenient and practical for everyday use. In short, range anxiety is basically nonexistent.
- Government Incentives. Many governments around the world offer incentives to encourage people to buy electric cars. These incentives can include tax credits, rebates, and other incentives that can help offset the higher cost of purchasing an electric car.
- Longer Range. And getting back to that first fear: Luxury electric cars typically have a longer range than other electric cars. Some luxury electric cars can travel up to 400 miles on a single charge, which means you can travel further without worrying about running out of battery.
Did you know that luxury electric cars have a number of their own benefits over lesser electric cars?
Luxury electric cars often use advanced battery technology that is more efficient and can store more energy than other electric cars. This means you can travel further on a single charge and spend less time charging your car. And luxury electric car manufacturers are also building their own charging networks, which means you can easily find a charging station wherever you go.
Many luxury electric cars come equipped with advanced navigation systems that can help you plan your route based on available charging stations. This means you can plan your trip with confidence, knowing that you won’t run out of battery.
Luxury electric cars also have better resale value than other cars. Electric luxury cars tend to have a higher resale value than many gas-powered cars because they are in high demand, and there are fewer of them available on the market. This means that you can recoup more of your investment when you sell your electric car.
There’s no better way to alleviate your range anxiety than by shopping at indiGO Auto Group. Check out our newest electric inventory below