Critics and Customers Agree that the Jaguar I-PACE is at the Top of the Electric Vehicle Pack for 2021
The Jaguar I-PACE is consistently ranked a top luxury electric SUV by critics and customers alike.
The I-PACE has won more than 80 global awards, including 2019 World Car of the Year, World Car Design of the Year and World Green Car. All of this reinforces its status as one of the greatest EVs in the world.
Let’s take a look at why everyone who drives the Jaguar I-PACE agrees this SUV is one of the best EVs on the market in 2021.
Five features that make the 2021 I-PACE great:
The sophisticated, all-electric Jaguar I‑PACE is a nearly silent high-performance sportscar with zero tailpipe emissions. The I-PACE boasts not only impressive performance but excellent cornering abilities and adaptive suspension that makes the I-PACE highly capable and cushioned on and off the road. Thanks to thrilling handling and its strong yet quiet powertrain the Jaguar I-PACE delivers instant acceleration, getting you from zero to 60 in a mere 4.5 seconds and offering an impressive top speed of 112 mph. It also includes all-wheel drive as well as an adaptive air suspension that gives you a nice, cushioned ride for your day-to-day errands as well as longer road trips. With two Jaguar-designed electric motors at each axle, producing outstanding combined performance of 400PS and 696Nm, aluminum construction and a low center of gravity, the I-PACE offers an unrivalled balance of all-wheel drive performance, refinement, luxury and agility – together with outstanding real-world range and day-to-day usability.
It’s one of the most luxurious EVs on the market. The Jaguar I-PACE has an ultra-luxurious cabin, abundant cargo room and two rows seats that are comfortable for adults and children. Cabin air ionization with high-tech filtration captures ultrafine particles and allergens so you are not breathing them as you drive. The I-PACE can even filter cabin air while on charge before a journey. The Jaguar I-PACE’s stylish exterior is matched by its sleek and sophisticated cabin, which is roomy and filled with tech to make driving even more pleasurable. It’s base model also has environmentally friendly synthetic leather seats and a panoramic sunroof that lets the sunshine in. The I-PACE can be filled with many optional features that will delight you and your passengers including climate control with four zones, heated front and rear seats, sumptuous leather upholstery, and more.
It’s loaded with advanced tech and safety systems. Every I-PACE includes a touch-sensitive infotainment system with a 10.0-inch upper screen for audio and a 5.5-inch lower display for climate control. New-for-2021 software shows you the locations of charging stations along with their availability and estimated charging time as well as cost. Apple CarPlay/Android Auto integration and a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot are supported. The 380-watt Meridian sound system comes standard. Audiophiles can opt an 825-watt unit.
Battery and Range
The I-PACE delivers an impressive 234-mile all-electric range. Every I-Pace features a 90.0-kWh battery pack that provides an EPA-rated driving range of 253 miles. The electric Jag includes a standard DC fast-charging port that allows 80 percent of its battery to be charged in 40 minutes. You will wait 8.6 hours to fully charge the battery using a 240-volt AC outlet. Jaguar upgraded the I-Pace’s onboard charger from a 7.0-kW unit to one with 11.0 kilowatts in the last year.
And as if that’s not enough this World Car of the Year winner includes these innovated touches that make it the perfect electric car, according to the Stratstone blog in England:
- The Jaguar I-PACE is able to pre-condition its battery while plugged-in even before you get in so that the range is maximized. It’s similar to letting a normal car warm up before driving off.
- The I-PACE will use its pre-conditioning abilities to bring the cabin up to a comfortable temperature that is perfect for you that day. There’s nothing like hopping into a cool cabin on a hot day.
- The Pivi Pro infotainment system complements the I-PACE because of how effective it is to use on a daily basis. Menus are easy to navigate and offer fast response to input with options that make it even more tailored to your personal needs.
- The ‘Go I-PACE’ Phone App allows you to get insight into how it would be for you to drive an electric vehicle by monitoring your journey throughout an average week. The app will tell you how many times you will need to charge throughout the week and then make route recommendations to maximize the range of the car. It will also tell you how much money can be saved by making the switch to an I-PACE.
These are among the reasons the I-PACE is the first model ever to win three World Car titles in the 15-year history of the awards, according to Jaguar. It was awarded the World Car title at the New York International Auto Show by a panel of 86 motoring journalists from 24 countries. That honor came just weeks after it won European Car of Year title. Today it’s considered the most desirable premium electric vehicle (EV) in the world.
- I-PACE won 2019 World Car of the Year, World Car Design of the Year and World Green Car awards
- Jaguar’s all-electric performance SUV is the first vehicle to win three categories in the same year
- It’s the second member of Jaguar’s acclaimed PACE family to win World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year, following F-PACE’s victory in 2017.
“It is an honor that the Jaguar I-PACE has received these three accolades from the prestigious World Car jurors. We started with an ideal, to move towards our Destination Zero vision: zero emissions, zero accidents and zero congestion. I-PACE is our first step to achieving this, and it was conceived when EVs were little more than a niche choice. So, we started from a clean sheet of paper to create a new benchmark – the world’s best premium electric vehicle, and a true Jaguar driver’s car. For I-PACE to be awarded 2019 World Car of the Year, World Car Design of the Year and World Green Car gives our first all-electric vehicle the ultimate recognition it deserves. I would like to thank the team who have created I-PACE for their passion in making it so outstanding.” – Dr. Ralf Speth, Chief Executive officer for Jaguar Land Rover.
Summary: The Jaguar all-electric I-PACE doesn’t skimp on luxury or driving thrills. If you are seeking a strong power output, impressive all-electric range and a bevy of standard features that would be optional in other cars this may very well be the best choice for you. With a starting price of roughly $70,000 there are few electric cars that can match its all-electric power, driving dynamics and numerous features. So come into any one of our Jaguar dealerships and drive one today!
Contact our Jaguar dealerships for more information and inventory: