Word on the street: There may be an Audi model merge.
The Audi model merge brings the possibility of the A5 Sportback and the A4 Sedan merging into a single model.
Media reports suggest that the four-door Audi A4 sedan could merge into a more stylish and more practical five-door with a Sportback body style.
And, at the same time, it could become a replacement for the A5 Sportback – therefore melding the two into one. Carscoops is reporting that Spycam photos suggest the A4 prototypes have the Avant body style.
And, according to Carscoops, there were no reported sightings of a sedan anywhere!
We do know this: Audi sedans are getting sleeker rooflines and fastback models becoming more common on the market. So it’s totally possible that Audi designers could come up with an A4 Sportback instead of a traditional sedan, according to media reports.
If all this is true that means the A5 Sportback would then share its whole front end with the A4 Avant.
That means that the Audi model merge will offer similar features such as:
- A sculpted bumper with the triangular intakes
- Wide front fenders and a distinctive bonnet.
- An aggressive matrix LED headlights
- A wide single-frame grille
- The same dashboard with two separate screens
- A smaller free-standing instrument cluster
- A larger central touchscreen for the infotainment.
The differences, according to Carscoops, include a dropping roofline and pronounced shoulders adding more drama.
But who knows. We’ll have to wait and see what the possible Audi model merge brings.
If such a vehicle emerges would be so similar to the current A5 Sportback that the A5 Sportback could disappear. Audi is trying to keep its ICE-powered range while at the same time offering BEV alternatives for every single line for the next several years.
Ready to make a move sooner than later?
With the handling of a sportscar and the comfort of a luxury sedan, it’s hard not to fall in love with the Audi A4.
Starting at $40,995, the A4 offers a streamlined yet luxurious cabin paired with a fun and responsive driving experience.
On top of that, the stylish cabin is filled with high-tech features – making the A4 the ultimate Audi compact luxury sports sedan.
You can choose between two turbocharged four-cylinder engines which offer up to 261 horsepower, getting you from zero to 60 in 4.8 seconds and reaching a top speed of 126 mph. Each comes with a 12-volt hybrid system and all-wheel drive.
The high-tech cabin includes the optional Virtual Cockpit gauge cluster. The popular Audi Black Optic package, which gives you glossy black detailing inside and out, is now available starting on the 40 models.
The 45 models now come standard with a sports suspension. The ultra-modern-looking cabin balances high-quality materials with easily accessible technology via a streamlined dashboard.
The rear seat is among the most spacious in its class and features nicely shaped comfortable cushions. It’s everything you’re seeking in an Audi – and so much more!
Features we love about the Audi A4:
- A moving work of art, it blends form and function seamlessly – inside and out. It’s sporty and fun to drive but filled with luxury and technology.
- You can expect high-quality materials and intuitive technology within the clean, modern interior.
- Both the 40 and 45 versions of the Audi A4 are powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder with a 12-volt hybrid system and all-wheel drive.
- The Audi A4’s infotainment system includes a 10.1-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, two USB ports, and voice command as well as navigation.
- The A4 comes with many optional driver-assistance features, including blind-spot monitoring, lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control, among others.
Can’t wait for the Audi model merge and want an Audi now? Check out our latest Audi inventory below.