The new Aston Martin DBX707 AMR23 Edition is a celebration of all things Formula One.
The British automaker is commemorating the start of the 2023 Formula-1 season with a limited-edition version of the DBX707 – the Aston Martin DBX707 AMR23 Edition.
The 697-horsepower supercar’s stunning exterior design was created by Q, Aston Martin’s in-house personalization division, and was inspired by the company team’s Formula One car.
“Born from the fusion of iconic Aston Martin design DNA with the high octane drama of Formula 1, this collaboration between race track and road has created a highly dynamic and true racing look, making driving DBX707 more compelling than ever before,” Aston Martin says of this very special car.
The AMR23 makes a dramatic statement with “Podium Green” paint, and optional lime-colored exterior accents similar to those found on the Aston Martin Formula One car.
Aston Martin Racing Green brake calipers and understated fender-mounted Q emblems round out the aesthetic.
The accents are part of the Highlights package – part of its carbon-fiber body kit – just like those seen on the F-1 medical car.
Car & Driver was especially taken with the 23-inch wheels with those large brake calipers, which clamp standard carbon-ceramic rotors – and they are painted the company’s signature Racing Green.
A “Q” badge on the front fenders also identifies the DBX’s look.
More from Aston Martin: Check out the 2024 Aston Martin DB12
Inside the sleek cabin of the DBX707 AMR23 Edition the racing color scheme continues.
“The F1-inspired color scheme continues inside, with the AMR23 Edition featuring upholstery in Onyx Black and Eifel Green and trimmed with lime contrast stitching,” according to Car & Driver. “The cabin is also fitted with carbon-fiber trim as well as dark satin elements. When climbing in and out of the twin-turbo SUV, the door sills provide a visible reminder of its motorsport pedigree with its AMR23 logos.
The cabin is outfitted with carbon-fiber trim and darker satin elements.
Upon entering you can’t help but notice the door sills’ AMR23 logos.
With a base price of about $275,086, the AMR23 is for serious collectors who are willing to place a custom order.
With its DBX, Aston Martin has been highly successful at transferring the design language of its sports cars onto an SUV form.
The latest version 707’s grille opening, for instance, is 27 percent larger than earlier versions to permit greater airflow for engine cooling. Flanking it are revised air intakes bisected by horizontal DRL lighting elements all of which add to its aerodynamics.
Here’s five features worth noting about the AMR23 special edition of the DBX707:
• The AMR 23’s power is derived from a twin-turbocharged, 4.0-liter V8 engine from Mercedes-AMG and tuned in-house to churn out a massive 697 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 663 pound-feet of torque at 4,500 rpm.
• The AMR23 Livery combines Podium Green paint, exclusive to the F1® race cars, with unique green calipers and Q fender badges – emphasizing the exclusivity of this special edition DBX707.
• The additional AMR23 Highlights Livery elevates the attention levels by underlining the F1® connection with lime highlights to the sculptured carbon body kit reminiscent of those on both the AMR23 F1® car and F1® Medical car.
• The apex of ultimate luxury and performance, this DBX707 special edition is the epicenter where track meets thrilling drivability.
• The cockpit combines the finest semi-aniline leather with carbon fibre veneers and finished with dark satin and carbon fiber jewelry.
Don’t forget to pre-order the DBX707 AMR23 Edition from our Aston Martin dealership in Rancho Mirage, CA below.