Did you know that the Rimac Nevera is now the fastest accelerating production car in the world?
It happened last year at the Famoso Raceway drag-strip in California, where the fully electric Nevera hypercar covered a standing quarter-mile in an astounding 8.852 seconds. And its speed as it crossed the quarter-mile marker was a searing 167.51 mph.
Taken together, these numbers allowed Rimac Nevera to officially take the title of “world’s fastest accelerating production car.”
Made in Croatia, the 1,914-horsepower Rimac Nevera can get from 0 to 60 mph in just 1.85 seconds. And it can get to 186 mph in just 11.8 seconds. This is made possible thanks to the Nevera’s 120kWh battery and the fact that it has a motor on each wheel.
The previous production car quarter-mile record was set by the Tesla Model S, which formerly clocked 9.247 seconds.
The Rimac Nevera dusted the Tesla as the fastest accelerating production car because it carries 900 horsepower more than Elon Musk’s model.
And those four separate electric motors – one for each wheel – along with launch control and Rimac’s All-Wheel Torque Vectoring 2 system didn’t hurt either.
Rimac had previously set an unofficial quarter-mile time earlier in the year during testing in Croatia where it is made.
By comparison the 1,500 horsepower Bugatti Chiron Sport is the closest combustion-engine rival. It made the quarter-mile in 9.4 seconds.
And now Rimac is promising that coming software updates will only increase that performance.
“The Nevera is about so much more than speed. With the largest battery pack ever fitted to a production car, it can travel 340 miles on a single charge,” said company founder and CEO Mate Rimac.
“With in-house-developed Rimac All-Wheel-Torque Vectoring 2, it’s as agile as it is fast, and with electrically adjustable dampers and active aerodynamics it’s comfortable and quiet on a cruise, and a performance machine on a track.”
Rimac will manufacture just 150 examples of the Nevera, which has been aptly nicknamed Hypercar 2.0.
Capable of exceptional speed, and powerful beyond comprehension, the Nevera is named for a mighty storm system and is a force like no other. Making it the fastest accelerating production car worldwide.
Exotic and powerful to the extreme, the fully electric Nevera was designed, engineered, and handcrafted in Croatia, created to outperform in every way. Powered by electric. Driven by technology.
By specializing exclusively in electric performance, Rimac is able to engineer and extract the most extreme performance on the planet. And there’s no doubt the Croatian luxury brand is determined to keep the title as the fastest accelerating production car in the world.
Each of its wheels is independently driven by one dedicated electric motor that channels torque accordingly to give you unprecedented control and agility.
That means it provides power where you need it. Instantly. Beneath its skin lies a carbon-fiber monocoque with bonded carbon roof, an integrated structural battery pack, and rear carbon subframe. The structural core is lightweight, powerful, and exceptionally strong.
With the Rimac Nevera, unparalleled performance meets real-time intelligence for an exceptional driving experience that you will never forget. Four electric motors churn out 1.4 megawatts – an incredible 1877 horsepower – and can take you from zero to 60 in a stratospheric 1.85 seconds. And unlike other electric cars, the Nevera gives more than just torque. The Nevera can also reach a searing top speed of 258 mph on the track, leaving competitors in the dust. Starting at $2.4 million.
Other features we love about the Nevera:
- The Nevera was designed to be the fastest accelerating car and the fastest electric car in the world today.
- Not only is it visually striking but it carries exceptional speed and severity, a Hypercar with a capital H.
- Rimac will make 50 Neveras for 2022 – each handcrafted in Croatia for a total of 150 cars over time.
- Four independent surface-mounted, carbon-sleeve, permanent-magnet electric motors and four independent inverters and gearboxes spell searing speed and performance.
- The two front motors produce 220 kW (299 hp) each and the two rear motors produce 480 kW (653 hp) each.
- The Rimac Nevera was handcrafted to perform beyond all expectations, with its inner workings made specifically for high performance.
- The 120-kWh battery is shown to recharge from zero to 80 percent in as little as 19 minutes with 500 kW DC fast charging.
- Expect purpose and performance – Nevera’s bold but functional form is designed to exceed all expectations.
- Expect precision engineering that pushes performance to the edge of possibility and beyond.
- Rimac engineers found and developed the very best materials in order to handcraft everything from powertrain components to composites and in-car controls.
- The 2022 Rimac Nevera’s carbon-fiber monocoque is the largest and stiffest of any automobile on the market.
For any questions about the Rimac Nevera, please contact our Rimac dealership below: