As the end of your Porsche lease draws near, it’s essential to explore your options.
To help make the process easy, Porsche San Francisco has created a simple guide that outlines everything leading up to the end of your Porsche lease.
Our experienced staff at Porsche San Francisco is eager to assist you with the lease-end process, regardless of where you leased your vehicle from.
- Scenario 1. Purchase Your Porsche When Your Lease Ends. If you’re not ready to let go of your Porsche you can purchase your vehicle at lease-end, as stipulated in your lease contract. Our team is always available to guide you through the purchase process.
- Scenario 2. Purchase, Lease, or Custom-Order Your Next Porsche. Whether you want the latest model or a different Porsche model, we’re here to provide assistance. As a returning Porsche lessee, you may qualify for exclusive savings on your next lease. Custom-ordering your next Porsche is another appealing alternative. You can extend your existing lease while your custom order is being built.
- Scenario 3. Return Your Leased Porsche. You can return your leased Porsche to Porsche San Francisco regardless of where you leased it. We strive to make the lease return process easy and straightforward for you, the customer. Make sure you bring your Vehicle Inspection Checklist and reviewed Wear and Use guide.
Leasing a Taycan you’re considering buying? Here’s why you should: The Verdict is in: The Porsche Taycan is the Best EV in the World. Here’s Why.
How to return your leased Porsche to Porsche San Francisco.
It’s recommended that you have a complimentary pre-inspection 45 with our dealership days before your lease end date if you plan to return your vehicle to us. Below is a list of chargeable items. Please refer to your Lease Agreement for full details.
Chargeable Items Include but Are Not Limited To:
- Holes, tears, burns, stains, strong odors. Also, excessively worn carpet areas, other interior surfaces, or convertible top.
- Chips, dents, scratches, dust, or holes. Also cracks in the wheels or exterior surfaces, windshield or other glass surfaces, or metal work.
- Cracked, broken, or missing windows, doors, lights, trim, mirrors, or antennae.
- Missing, damaged, or nonworking mechanical equipment, safety or emissions control equipment, electrical or other parts or accessories; damage to the vehicle’s frame or alignment.
- Damage due to improper, poor quality, or incomplete repairs or paintwork. You also will remain liable to us for the full cost of any such items resulting from intentional or willful abuse or misuse.
- Any wear and use related to tires. The tire tread must be at least 1/8” (4/32”) at the lowest point and may not contain any other damages. Please ensure all tires match and are comparable quality to the original equipment. Please remove snow tires prior to your pre-inspection. Other items may be excluded as set forth in the Lease Agreement.
- Any missing manuals or missing or nonworking keys or remote entry devices.
Other Tasks For Returning Your Leased Porsche Vehicle:
- Remove all of your personal items and place the owner’s manual in the glove box.
- Turn in all sets of keys.
- Clear any personal digital information from in-vehicle software.
New to Leasing? Don’t Want to Bother With All the Details?
We believe leasing a Porsche should be an exciting, stress-free experience.
And, the optional Porsche Lease end Protection¹ makes turning in your vehicle at lease end smooth and simple by waiving up to $7,500 of covered excess wear charges.
Lease-end documents are obtained on your behalf, and coverage benefits are automatically reconciled on your maturity bill.
Now, you can relax and enjoy your Porsche knowing you are protected from unexpected costs at the end of your lease.
Get to know the head of Porsche San Francisco: Karla Curtsinger Chosen to Lead the New Porsche San Francisco Destination Porsche Center Showroom
Available on new, pre-owned, and Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned vehicles at the time of a Porsche lease only:
What is covered:
- Paint wear and exterior surface dents
- Scratches, chips, pits, or cracks
- Discoloration, stone bruises, and sand damage
- Front and rear windshield and side glass chipsInterior upholstery surface rips, tears, stains, and spotting
- Carpet rips, tears, stains, and spotting
- Headlamps and tail lamp assemblies
- Tail turn signal and brake light bulbs
- Side and rearview mirrors (glass, surface, and mechanical/electrical)
- Door, trunk, and hatch handles
- Front and rear door, hatch, and tailgate seals
- Bumpers, bumper covers, step bumpers, and surrounding bumper trim
- Badges and body insignia
- Factory audio equipment, speakers, and systems
- Navigation/display screen
- Entertainment screens
- Mufflers and tailpipes
- Convertible tops, including trim and moldings
Coverage exclusions may apply:
- If your vehicle is used for competitive driving, racing, or a prohibited commercial purpose
- Any itemized excess wear charge that exceeds $1,000
- Any charges caused by your wrongful or intentional acts
- Excess mileage charges
- Missed scheduled maintenance charges
- Repairs performed prior to lease agreement termination
- Any charges caused by your wrongful or intentional acts
- Waiver of covered excess wear charges up to $7,500
- No deductible
- Certain missing parts covered up to $150 total
- Certain tire-related excess wear charges in the aggregate waived up to $1,000
Porsche Lease-end Protection will apply upon return of your leased vehicle and when excess wear charges are determined to be owed (applicable up to 12 months after the original scheduled termination date).
This worry-free product is transferable for a $50 fee if your lease agreement is assumed by a private party and no other terms of the lease agreement are modified.⁴Returning Porsche Financial Services (PFS) customers who execute a new finance or lease agreement with PFS may be eligible for an excess wear loyalty waiver of up to $1,000 offered by PFS, which could reduce lease end excess wear charges. The PFS loyalty waiver program is subject to change without notice.⁵
Need assistance? Please reach out today!
Our team at Porsche San Francisco looks forward to helping you discuss your lease-end options. Please reach out today to schedule an appointment!